Last updated: Jan 1, 2021
Nothing in this Privacy Statement may be construed to create any obligation for the Company beyond what is required by applicable law.
1. This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement” or “Statement”) describes the practices of ThomasKralow LLC (“Best Investing Tips,” “Company,” “we” or “us”) with respect to information, including Personally Identifiable Information (“PII” or Personal Data) (which means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person), and non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII”), we obtain from and about individuals interacting with us and our websites, mobile applications, products and services (collectively, our “Services”). This Statement does not apply to job applicants or Company employees.
3. Collection of Information from Children. We do not intentionally collect information from or regarding minors. The Services are not directed to or intended for use by children under the age of 18. Children may not use or submit any information through the Services or its sites. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use our Services or Services. If a child under 18 submits information through any part of the Services, and we become aware that the person submitting the information is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible.
4. Information We Collect. We may collect two general types of information when you use our Services or interact with us:
6. How Information is Collected. We collect information, both actively and passively. For example, we will collect information about you that you voluntarily provide while using our Services. In addition to the information provided directly by you, we (and third parties that offer features through the Services) may collect non-PII through the use of "cookies," "web beacons," "Flash cookies" or by other electronic means.
8. Web Beacons. We, our third-party service providers, advertisers, and partners, also may use "web beacons" or similar technologies. Web beacons are small strings of code placed on a web page to collect data about how visitors use the Services. For example, web beacons may be used to count the number of users who visit the Services or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor to the Services. If you set your browser to turn off cookies, web beacons and similar technologies will detect your visits to the Services, but they will not associate your activity on the Services with information that otherwise would be stored in cookies. We do not control tracking technologies used by third parties with the Service.
9. Flash Cookies. The Services uses locally stored objects, also called “Flash cookies,” when it uses Adobe Flash Player (“Flash”) to provide special content such as video streaming, video on demand, video clips or animation. Flash, and similar applications, use Flash cookies to remember visitors' Services settings, preferences, and usages. Flash cookies are managed directly through Adobe's websites, rather than through your web browser.
12. How Information is Used and Shared. We use your PII for the purpose of conducting our business and pursuing our legitimate interests. For example, we use your PII to: Facilitate communication from third parties to you at your request;
13. Advertisements, Marketing Material, and Other Offers. Unless you tell us that you do not want to receive these offers and subject to applicable law, the Company or those companies that we have a commercial relationship with, may occasionally send advertisements, marketing material or other offers that we think might be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive these advertisements, marketing material, or other offers, please contact us using the contact information found at the end of this Privacy Statement. Where required by law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you any marketing materials. To the extent allowed by law, the provision of your e-mail and phone number to us constitutes your prior express written consent, and electronic signature, authorizing us to contact you at that e-mail address and phone number,including through the possible use of an automatic telephone dialing system or artificial or prerecorded voice, live calls and text messages, for both promotional and informational reasons. You agree that this consent may be assigned by us to third parties and affiliates. You are not required to provide such consent in order to make a purchase as you can always contact us directly to arrange an alternate purchase method. By providing your telephone number to us, you certify that this is your own number that you own, and not a line owned or used by another and that you will immediately notify us if your number changes or is reassigned. You agree to indemnify us if this is not the case and if the future owner or user of the number makes a claim against us for contact at that number. You may opt-out of such contact at any time and through any of the reasonable methods outlined herein.
14. In the event that Company is considering a sale of its business, in its entirety or a component thereof, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or a portion thereof, PII and non-PII, may be one of the transferred assets, and may, therefore, be used by a third-party acquirer in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Such use by a third party may include a review of PII, using such PII to contact you either before or after such a transfer or sale, use or transfer of non-PII before or after such a transfer or sale, or for other purposes.
15. WE MAY DISCLOSE PII ABOUT YOU TO A THIRD PARTY FOR COMPENSATION.
16. In addition, we may share your information as described below:
17. Forums. The Services may include forums (such as message boards, chat rooms, comment boards, and reviews) that enable users to post a comment or communicate with each other. We are under no obligation to moderate or edit the forums and will not be responsible for the content or use of any material posted on any forum within the Services. We retain the right to delete at any time and for any reason any material posted within the Services.
18. Information Security. We take information security seriously, and we use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the PII we collect from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. But we have no control over the security of other websites on the Internet that you might visit. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others cannot access your PII.
19. Additionally, and as you are likely aware, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take
commercially reasonable steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect that your PII, searches, or other communications always will remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your PII, we will notify you if reasonably possible and as reasonably necessary so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address(es) we have on record for you. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your PII. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s Websites at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/ for information about how to protect against identity theft.
20. Your Rights. Under the law of some countries, you may have certain rights with respect to your PII. These rights
include the right to (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of your PII; (ii) obtain restriction of processing or object to the processing of your PII; and (iii) ask for a copy of your PII to be provided to you or a third party in a machine-readable format. If you wish to exercise one of the above-mentioned rights, please send us your request to the contact details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your PII with your local data protection authority in the European Union or elsewhere.
21. California Privacy Rights. Under California law, California residents may request once a year, free of charge, certain information regarding our
disclosure of PII to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Specifically, we will provide a list of the categories of PII disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the contact points listed below. You should put “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line andin your request. We may need to verify your identity before providing information to you.
22. California Do Not Track Disclosure. Certain web browsers may allow you to enable a "do not track" option that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking cookies as browsers with the "do not track" option selected may still accept cookies. Our Services currently do not have the functionality to recognize or honor "do not track" browser signaling. We do not respond to "do not track" signals. If we do so in the future, we will modify this Privacy Statement accordingly.
23. Users From Outside the United States. The Services are hosted in the United States and is governed by U.S. law. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that Best Investing Tips is located in the United States, and your PII will be stored and processed in the United States, where we locate and operate our servers and databases. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as strict or comprehensive as those in your country. However, we value your privacy and always strive to treat it in accordance with applicable law. By voluntarily sharing your PII with us, you understand that your PII will be stored and processed in the United States.
24. Your EU Privacy Rights. If you are using our Services from the EU or where applicable EU data protection laws so provide, you may exercise the following rights regarding your PII:
25. Your Choices. If you do not wish to receive information regarding our products, services, special offers, and upcoming events, please click on the "Unsubscribe" link shown on our e-mails and electronic newsletters to you or contact at [email protected] and we will remove your name from our mailing lists. Subject to the provisions of section 27 herein, you may access your PII and correct, amend, or delete any of the PII you have provided to us on the Services by e-mailing us at [email protected] Please include your name, address, and/or e-mail address when you contact us. It is possible that you may be denied access to your PII, or may not be able to delete all your PII. For instance, access can be denied when: giving one person access would compromise another's privacy rights; disclosure is likely to interfere with the safeguarding of national security, defense, or public security, and disclosure could interfere with law enforcement or legal actions. These are only examples, and access may be denied in other situations in compliance with applicable laws. For additional information about California Rights, please see Section 21 above. For additional information about EU rights, please see Section 24 above.
26. Contact Information. Unless otherwise stated, Best Investing Tips is a data controller under applicable law for PII
processed subject to this Statement. If you have any questions about this Statement or the Service, including any request to review or change your PII, or if you believe that your PII has been processed or disclosed in violation of this Statement, please contact us at [email protected]
We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding the processing of your PII.